Perfect TOEFL Speaking (for teachers)
- learn how to read speaking data and optimize TOEFL Speaking responses
"Without data, you're just another TOEFL Speaking teacher with an opinion."
If you are a TOEFL Speaking teacher, the most powerful tool you have at your disposal is something you are probably not using.
That tool is data.
In Perfect TOEFL® Speaking, acclaimed English language coach John Healy demonstrates how data is transforming the way teachers are approaching the TOEFL Speaking section of the TOEFL iBT.
At the heart of this transformation is a powerful speech assessment engine built specifically for TOEFL Speaking teachers called My Speaking Score, which works by using proprietary technology to instantly score and convert TOEFL Speaking responses into actionable data.
Inside this highly-readable teacher's guide, John shows how data about TOEFL Speaking responses enable teachers to instantly expose problems hidden inside TOEFL Speaking responses.
Transcript analyses, colourful graphs, and before-and-after stories make a compelling case for why teachers can no longer rely solely on qualitative assessments of TOEFL Speaking proficiency.
Perfect TOEFL® Speaking shows teachers how to "go beyond the rubrics" to easily interpret response data in 5 speaking constructs:
- Discourse Coherence
Once you learn the secrets behind automated speech assessment technology, you will gain actionable insights into how to:
- quickly identify and repair costly speaking problems
- structure and deliver high-scoring TOEFL Speaking responses every time
Perfect TOEFL Speaking 10-Day Challenge (for teachers and students)
- the ideal companion to your Perfect TOEFL Speaking eBook
It's an intensive 10-day task-based email course that shows you how to combine a foolproof approach called the Grid, with My Speaking Score’s automated scoring tool to earn a perfect score on the TOEFL Speaking section.
What can you expect?
- 10 "no-fluff" email lessons in your inbox that show you how to dramatically improve your TOEFL Speaking score
- frameworks, examples, and response analysis so you can see the "blueprint" of high-scoring responses
- tips in every lesson the way so you can save a bunch of time and trial-and-error
- guidance on how to read and interpret response data